Al bottom left: My hat designer for the day
Laura bottom right: The gift secretary
Nicole (orange dress): The gameshow host
Nicole (orange dress): The gameshow host
This past weekend I traveled back home to NY and celebrated the upcoming wedding with friends and family. The whole weekend was just a reminder of how generous people are. There were so many hands involved in the setup, cleanup, cooking, preparation, gift-giving... Everyone made sure I didn't lift a finger. - And let me tell you, if you already know me and how I like to relax, then you know I did not have a problem with this.
There was one very special surprise though that I was not expecting. Cash called me the morning of the shower to tell me he was having a bad day at work. (Thanks Cash. Just what I wanted to hear). As a side note, Cash has been away for the whole summer and had already told me he could not make it for the shower. Well as I'm hearing about his bad day, he says, "By the way, can you come let me in?" WHATTTTT?? I run down the stairs teary-eyed and open the door to see my cute fiance standing there with his bookbag, flowers and a map. None of my family had known about this. He had taken a train and walked to my house from the train station!
Looking back on the weekend, the highlights were reuniting with those I love, the outpouring of generosity and eating leftovers.
There was one very special surprise though that I was not expecting. Cash called me the morning of the shower to tell me he was having a bad day at work. (Thanks Cash. Just what I wanted to hear). As a side note, Cash has been away for the whole summer and had already told me he could not make it for the shower. Well as I'm hearing about his bad day, he says, "By the way, can you come let me in?" WHATTTTT?? I run down the stairs teary-eyed and open the door to see my cute fiance standing there with his bookbag, flowers and a map. None of my family had known about this. He had taken a train and walked to my house from the train station!
Looking back on the weekend, the highlights were reuniting with those I love, the outpouring of generosity and eating leftovers.
The guys in my life
(who were surrounded by all those ladies)
Left to right: Trevis - my brother in law, Cash - the fiance, Nick - my dad, Parker - the greatest little nephew
Thanks to all who contributed!
Wedding Countdown: 2 months
cake!

1 comment:
Looks like everyone had a blast! You and Nicole are definitely a beautiful example of sisterhood, both inside and out!
Yay for wonderful family, fun friends and great surprises! Continuing to pray for a wonderful day that will start an even more awesome life for you and Cash as a married couple!
Post a Comment