Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Bridal Hitlist

4 months to go...


I can't believe how quickly this is all coming up. Even though I've accomplished so much, I still look at my to-do list and get overwhelmed!


For those that are missing out on the planning, below are my list of worries, joys and fun moments that have happened over the past month. Not a bride yet? Don't worry, you'll still enjoy these tidbits if you know me. Already been one? Then this will make you reminisce about your own special day. And if you're a guy, well then, I didn't know guys did the blog thing...


Funnest Vendor
Our Band




These guys are hilarious old men that just love playing jazz together. I think by the end of the night, everyone will be friends with these guys.



Best Deal
Our Caterer

Nancy George has been catering for 30 years at the estate where Cash and I are getting married. Because she's so knowledgeable, she's given us numerous ideas and tips on what works, what doesn't, wedding wines, great deals and I could just go on about her.


Biggest Relief
Finding My Dress


Finally! I got my dress! For the past month it's been the last thing on my mind before I go to bed and I've been having weird dreams about it knowing I have to buy it. I've been stressing out because it's the most important dress I will ever wear - and I'm a nut. (I wish I could put a picture up but we wouldn't want the groom to have a peak now would we).




What I'm Most Anxious About
Things Going Wrong on the Wedding Day

After all of my planning, I would hate to have bad weather or people not enjoy themselves. I heard the best advice from the janitor at my work. He said, "Lauren, on your wedding day things never go as planned, but they never go wrong". Ah yes, the words of wisdom of our elders.


Weirdest Moment
Your Dad Knowing You're Starting Birth Control
(Enough said)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

haha.. you told Dad?!?!? You are a wierdo... Some things are better left to the imagination...

I am glad things are coming together. You are a VERY calm and sweet bride-to-be (I live with you so this is a relief)

I love you and enjoy sharing in this time of your life!

Lauren said...

I didn't. mom prob did.