Before this weekend I never realized the effort, precision and detail that need to go into making your own wedding invitations - especially if you want high quality ones. It's funny how couples can place so much time and emphasis on literally pieces of paper. I think for Cash and I it was different. We enjoyed making them so much and really wanted to incorporate a personal expression to our wedding. Fortunately, we're able to do that because it's smaller in size.
Though we spent long hours working in our invitation workshop, it was more fun and rewarding than I thought it would be. When we calculated the hours we put into our project, each individual invitation received over one hour's worth of attention! In the process I met more old ladies from being in craft stores than I have my whole life. And let me tell ya, it makes those grandmas' day when you ask them questions. I mean who doesn't get excited when you're talking about the latest in glue gun technology?
We had a blast putting them together but Cash is the one who deserves most of the recognition. Thankfully, I have a fiance who has both the talent to create a picture in his mind of what he wants his creation to look like and the ability to carry it out beautifully.

Careful design and preparation...

Putting it into action in our 'design studio'

...Adding final touches
2 comments:
Well, let me say having seen the invitations in person, they came out AWESOME! You guys should be proud. I am going to feel guilty though, ever throwing it out knowing you dedicated more than hour to it!I will be 80 and still holding onto your wedding invitation but haven't a clue what mine looked like:)
Love you. You are a Bee-utiful bride-to-be!!!!
I'm sure the invitations turned out beautifully! Your guests will have a very special momento to commemorate your day! Glad you all are finding time to plan this special day together, down to the smallest and most tedious of details!
It was great to see you a bit while we were hanging out with Nicole and the kiddos! Take care and hang in there these next few months!
Post a Comment